Pineapple upside down cake is a very classic cake, its timeless and very delicious looking with rings of pineapples and cherries paradingthe top
It was great fun making pineapple upside down with my girls. The name made them laugh so hard , the creativity and much more. My girls are mango fans . But they enjoyed my pineaaple upside down cake. Before i blinked the last pieces were all gone. They said mom we need to make this often . Instead of using cherries, I used strewberries for the upside down toppings. I used honey instead of brown sugar. Please use brown sugar if you don’t like honey. Honey is very optional. I needed the honey flavor, i love honey , Thats why i choosed honey. The choice is yours.
- 110 g butter
- 1 tin sliced pineapple
- 4 eggs
- 1.5 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 7 strewberries
Prep time =20 mins
Baking time 35 mins
Total time =55 mins
- Preheat oven 160 degrees C.
- Pour melted butter in a baking pan
- Sprinkle brown sugar or honey over pan.
- Arrange round pineapples and add cherries or strewberries in the round holes of the pinnapples.
- In a bowl, sieve togethet flour, salt and baking powder.
- In another bowl separate egg yoke from egg white and beat your egg whitw until fluffy.
- Add sugar bit by bit into your egg white and beat.
- In another bowl beat egg yoke.
- Now mix egg yoke with flour , then add egg white and mix .
- Now pour mixture in your baking pan, ontop of the well arranged pinapples.
- Bake for 30 -35 mins.
Watch the video version of my recipe by clicking to this link;
Let it cold down for 5-7 mins before transfering it to your cake stand.
Try this recipe and tell me how yours is. Wishing you goodluck.