These are the easiest donuts to make. It’s very easy going especially when you don’t have lots of time in your hands. I have made them so many times and i have different methods of making this delicious goodness. I started making donuts when i was 12. I usually make them on occasions like ; my kids birthday parties, friends parties and for christmas celebrations .
This particular donuts is the African choice, though it’s a burrowed cuisine from the western world during the period of African colonization. It’s the favourite of most countries in Africa. I have got many donuts recipes but today i will unravel this delicious secret to you . I can go on and on with the history of this delicious goodness but not to waste your time , l will go straight to the recipe;
Prep time : 7- 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
- 150 g of butter
- 1 lemon zest
- 40 ml of milk
- 4 eggs
- 500 g of self raising flour
- 125 g of sugar
- Salt to taste
- We need to mix all dry indredients fist . Flour sugar salt baking powderand salt . Sieve properly and set aside.
- Mix all the wet indredients; egg, milk, melted butter, lemon zest and set aside.
- Mix both dry and wet ingredients by pouring wet into dry bit by bit and you mix properly with your fingers or a mixer.
- When you get that medium consistency of not too soft and not too think then your mixture is ready to fry.
- I use fingers to scoop a small portion to the oil . Be careful with your fingers not to touch the oil . It can be dangerous.
- Make sure you turn sides of the donuts to be evenly golden brown when frying.
- Use a large spoon to rrmove donuts from hot oil .
- Keep to cold down and oil to drip in a seive holes.
- Serve 10 people .
- Mix sugar and butter until smooth
- Crack 4 eggs in a bowl and mix eith milk.
- Add lemon zest and mix .
- Add now to your sugar and butter mixture
- Place flour into your mixture bit by bit .
- If mixture is too strong add some milk if too softvadd abit of flour and mix .
- Keep doung that until you have a prrfect consostency
- Heat vegetable oil and start frying your donut .
- Use your hands in moulding the pastry and deep in hot oil.
- Your fingers should not be too close to the oil. (Warning) ‘watch my videos for tips.’
- Moist your fingers in cold water after each badge of frying.
- Watch my video for full pracrical method.
Click to this link to watch full video of this recipe
Enjoy!!! and thanks for watching