Africans spend their time on facebook debating and arguing on which African country cooks the best Jollof and fried rice. The answer is simple; It’s not about the country but about how a particular person customizes his/ her recipe and how it taste.
I usually make recipe to yield a maximum of 12 people but this one is abit special because it yielded 20 particularly because i made this recipe for a new year celebration party, my measurements are abit much than a usual home dish for 4 – 6 people.
I used lots of vegetables for my fried rice and this makes it extra healthy. One thing with some recipes are that you can actually customize them, and that is exactly what l have done with this one. The diced celery gave it a wonderful flavor. The meat stock add more goodness to this fried rice not to mention the ginger and garlic paste which was a great blessing and added taste to this delicuous goodness. We all know the rich qualities of ginger and garlic .
Arthur: Annuchka Queen
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook time 15 mins
Total time :30 mins
- 3 stock cubes
- 3 diced red green and yellow pepper
- 3 cups diced carrots
- 1 kg diced meat
- 2 cups gteen beans
- Salt ( to taste )
- 3 diced onions
- Ginger and garlic paste 1 tablespoon each
- 3 diced celery sticks
- 1 tsp white pepper
- Vegetable oil
- 2.5 kg of fragrance basmanti rice
- 1 tsp African curry powder.
- 1/2 cup shredded dried crayfish.
- Soak rice in hot water for 4 mins then place in a seive and wash with warm water until the water runs clear. Then set aside
- In a wok, fry onion and vegetable oil, add tomato paste , ginger and garlic paste , african curry powder , stock cubes and stir properly until done .
- Place your rice into the source and stir, pour diced meat stock inside your rice and stir.
- I steam my fresh vegetables for 3 mins and it looks so fresh and colorfu. I used lots of vegetables for this fried rice and this makes it extra healthy. The diced celery gave it a wonderful flavor. The meat stock add more goodness to this fried rice not to mention the ginger and garlic paste.
- Garnish with finely diced steamed vegetables into the rice and mix properly
To watch full video of this recipe by clicking to this link 👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇