Do you know Mexicans style beans is very hearty , easy and simply the best ! and even tastes better the next day . Try this recipe and you will not fail to testify in my blog. The crayfish or shredded dry prawns gives it very nice flavour.
If you visit me when l am cooking this beabs you won’t like to leave my house. It makes my house smells so good . What a delicious home perfume.
Before cooking this beans if you are not using the can beans then start by soaking your beans overnight. It will facilitate the cooking process since it takes longer to cook. However, you can use ready made can beans which has been boiled , washed and store in cans in the shops. Some people use pressure cooker in boiling their beans and that fasten the boiling process.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 4h
Ready: 4h 15 mins
- 1/ cup tomato paste
- 1 stock cube
- 3 cups of assorted kidney beans 800g
- 1 g minced meat
- 1/2 cup tomatoe past
- 1/2 red capsicums
- 1 medium carrot
- 3/4 cup celery
- 2 diced small onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons ginger and garlic paste
- 1/2 cup crayfish.
- 2 tbspn ilive oil / vegetable oil
- Mexican chilli powder.
- Pour 3/4 cups of oul in a pot
- Place diced onion in the hot oil and fry. Stir ubtil done.
- Pour in timato paste and fry .
- Place minced meat and stir fry
- Season with stock cubes and salt.
- Place ginger and garlic paste and stir fry.
- Season with mexican chilli
- Place in diced vegetables and stir fry
- Pour in two cups of water and stir.
- Add beans and stir maje surw your beans is washed drained abd well rinsed.
- Add some crayfish and stir properly.
- Cover abd allow to simmer for 30 mins.
- To know your beans is ready , you will notice some shinny traces of oil ontop.
- Remove from heat and allow to cold down for 5 mins.
- Serve with white rice .
You can actually use chicken broth insteaad of water .
You can mix pinto beans and kidney beans