I ate the best of French baguettes in France and New Caledonia. French baguettes beats all l ever tasted. The French bakeries have the best bakers technique for this recipe which leads to perfection.
Each time you try your home baguette expect an improvement. The more you bake the better it gets. As we say in English “prectice makes perfect.
Some people prefer their baguette crusty and some prefer it soft .
Lets start to bake;
Author: Annuchka Queen
Prep time: 20 mins
Bake time : 30 mins
Ready : 19h 50 mins
Yield : 10
- 10 g instant dry active yeast
- 750 g of all purpose flour
- 560 ml of warm water
- 5 g of salt
- In a mixing bowl, place flour, yeast and salt. Mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon
- Make a well in the middle and pour water and mix with a wooden spoon for 4 mins at low speed.
- Cover with a lid and leave to rest overnight
- The next day, dust the work surface then open and dump on the kitchen work surface and knead until smooth and elastic
- Shape into balls and cover with a damp cloth to rest for 30 – 45 mins.
- Open and you will realize it has increase in size or double in size.
- Start folding each piece of dough. Gently pulling them to stretch.
- Work one piece of dough at a time.
- Give them a round shape with little tails.
- Use a knife to make some slashes ontop of each.
- Prepare baking sheets on trays.
- Damp tge baking sheets with some water before putting it on the oven.
- Bake for 20 – 25 mins .
- Remove baguettes from the oven and leave to cold down on a wire rack.
Watch full video of recipe here