Cameroonian Banana Puff puff is the original puff puff with a twist. Very easy to make soft and crunchy at the outside and absolutely soft inside. It is a highly sought after recipe in Africa for a richer treat.
You must learn how to make this recipe easily in your own kitchen. You will never ever agaub throw away your over ripe bananas. You will rescue thwm with this delicious goodness.
Most people making banana puff puff does not borther to add sugar since banana itself is very sweet. Banana contains fructose which is a natural sweetener. The taste of banana adds more flavour and taste to this recipe.
Author: Annuchka Queen
Prep time 45 mins
Cook time : 15 mins
- 1/4 cup of sugar (optional)
- 8 bananas
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- A glass off water to blend bananas with
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons active yeast .
- Vegetable oil for frying
Watch full video of recipe here :
- In this recipe its always good go use an overipe banana. So wash, peel and smash or blend your banana.
- In a mixing bowl disolve yeast in warm water and add some salt.
- Mix thoroughly with banana mixture until smooth and when you have some small bumps popping out of your mixture then your mixture is right.
- Keep to rise unswr room temperature for 45m to 1 h. It will double in size.
- Heat vegetable oil and start frying your banana puff puff
- Cool and serve with beans, pap or tea or cold drink.