Capsicums or belle peppers are cultivated world wide. In many cuisines around the world cooks use this as their cooking element. It can be use as a spice to give your food a good taste and it’s also a very good vegetable with so much nutritional benefits.
I use capsicums to garnish my salads sometimes. They are one of my fav vegetables.
Another very nice way of using capsicums is to stuff them using mince meat , boiled rice and some diced vegetables and baking them in the oven.
I bought a heap on special in my favourite fruit and vegetable barn. I used some to top my home made pizza and the rest for this delicious goodness.
Let’s cook together:
Author : Annuchka Queen
Prep time : 15 mins
Cook time 45 mins
Total time : 1 hour
Yield : 6
- 2.5 cups of boiled rice
- 6 capsicums of different colors
- 1 large diced onion
- 1/2 kg mincw meat
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large bouillon cube
- Shredded cheese
- White pepper
- A cup of green beans
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- Pour vegetable oil into the pot and heat. Then place shredded onion into the oil and fry.
- Add mince meat and tomato paste stir fry for 10 mins
- Add some salt and cube. Add Chopped carrot and green beans and carrots. Add a glass of water and stir
- Wash your rice thiroughly and boil until soft
- Now mix and combine your mince meat source and rice in a bowl.
- Prepare your capsicums by placing them on bakibg tray
- Preheat oven 190C
- Cut the stem end of capsicum to expose tge seed inside then remove the seeds
- Fill each capsicum loosely with a meat and rice mixture and cover it with shreeded colby cheese and then with capsicum top.
- Use a foil paper to catefully cover the top and put in the oven.
- Bake for 30 mins
- Serve cap sicums with some nice salad leaves
Capsicums are good for blood vessels including poor conditions, excessive blood clitting. And prevent heat disease.
Good for problems of digestion , stomach upset and diarrhea and stomach pain