Slow roasted lamb leg is considered as one of Australian classic dish. This dish is pretty easy to prepare and ultra tender when it’s done. I am sure you will find it very easy and delicious too. Once you marinate it and put in the oven or slow cooker, you can have a two hours break doing something different.
My kids love this comfort dish especially with gravy souce. The tenderness of the lamb, it juicy meat, and the beautiful flavour from rosemary , thyme , springs and garlic cloves. Besides that you can add some, olive oil , dijon mustard and some French butter. Use your fingers or brush to robe your spices
To make it a complete meal, it must be accompanied with pumkin, potatoes, sweet potatoes and some carrots . All these are carefully washed and diced. Placed in a baking pan and garnished with some salt and butter then it goes straight to the oven.
Lamb is very nutritive , it contains iron and Zinc includingbvitamin B12 and in addition, it contains thw healthy Omega 3 which is found in fish. This is a pipular delicious goodness for most Australian families.
Author: Annuchka Queen
Prep time 30 mins
Cook time 2 hrs
Total time: 2h 30 mins
- 2.5 kg lamb leg
- 5 chopped garlic cloves
- 5 spring onion
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablesoon mustard de Dijon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Pumkin, pitaoes, sweet potatoes + carots
- French butter
- In a roasting pan, preferably metal, place lamb and and four full spring onions.
- Use your clean hands to generously robe in some french butter , mustard de dijon, pinch of salt and some finely chopped garlic cloves.
- Sprinkle ontop of your lamb some rosemary.
- Turn the other side of the lam and do ecactly thesme action.
- Garnished with some olive oil sprinkles
- Cover with foil papper and preheat your oven at 190C.
- Cook until tender
- Wash thoroughly and dice your root veges then place in another metal baking pan, wash, diced carots, potatoes, sweet potatoes and pumkin. Cover with foil papper and bake for 45 mins
- Serve Lamb leg with gravy and roasted root veges and some nutritious salad.