This marvelous recipe is just epic. Many home bakers find this recipe intimidating but it can be so delightly when you get the right consistency and your zebra marks turns out to be beautiful. As you can tell from the look of my cakes and my recipes, l have great love for moist cakes. Most of my cakes are very light, fluffy and moist. In my home kitchen laboratory, l have tried the different consistencies and know exactly when my cake has to be moist and fluffy. So your reaserch for a moist and fluffy chifon cake ends right here .
Lets get started;
Author: Annuchka Queen
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total: 1h 5 mins
- 75 g of caster sugar
- 4 egg white
- 1/2 cup + 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 60 g ( 4.5 tablespoons of cooking oil)
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 10 g cocoa powder
- 5 tbspn sugar
- Preheat oven 160 C.
- Grease your cake pan with oil spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine egg yolk, sugar , oil, milk , vanilla essence.
- Use a sief to sift in flour then whisk until very smooth.
- In another bowl, pour in eggs white and whish until very smooth and foamy add some sugar and tartar cream mix until smooth and stiff.
- Carefully fold the cake barter into your egg white. Fold in until well incoporated .
- Separate the batter into 2 equal halves. Garnish one with coacoa powder and mix thoroughly.
- Prepare your baking pan and carefully and fastly scoop cocoa batter and the plain batter with different spoons one at a time into your baking pan .
- Bake for 40 mins and allow to cool down properly 10 – 15 mins before removing from baking pan.
Please when filding egg white into your batter do nit stir or use a machine.
And make syre you dont overbeat the egg white.