Bon appetit! Lovelies,
I went to my local fruit shop and l discovered it’s the Apple season. I couldn’t think of anything other than Apple Tart . This classic combination of apples and pastry makes a perfect centrepiece of desert for entertainment in any setup.
I had this desert uncountable times in my Parisian days. You must trust the French patisserie. It’s heavenly. It was crispy and very delicious topped with some very delicious golden brown apples of the season.
This desert is always a winner with everyone. Loaded with delicious baked apples. If you are looking for a perfect desert to serve your family or friends, then look no further.
- 4 – 5 large apples
- 120 g of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 175 ml of milk
- 180 g of wheat flour
- 1.5 teaspoon of apricot jam
- 1- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon flour for greasing
- 1/2 teaspoon butter for greasing and 4 tbsps for the mixture.
- Wash and peel your Apple
- Slice into halves
- Place in a food processor add 2 eggs , sugar and baking powder blend for 2 to 3 mins until smooth
- Add some melted unsulted butter.
- You will have a smooth thick mixture
- Grease your springform pan with some butter and flour
- Pour into your baking pan
- Slice apples into equal thin pieces.
- Diagonally place on your Tart.
- Preheat oven at 180 C / 350F for about 45 mins
- Combine apricot jam with water and give it a brush.
- Place in the oven and bake
- You will have a golden brown crusty Tart at the end.
PASTRY METHOD :
- In a mixing bowl or food processor, combine ; sugar , flour and salt
- Add butter and mix.
- As it begins to form a dough, dump on the kitchen work surface and knead into a dough ball.
- Wrap and refrigerate while working on other the peeling the Apple.
- Wash and peel your apples , then properly slice them , make sure they take a particular shape.
- Remove Tart from the fridge after 30 mins to 1 h. Roll and place in a springform pan. Grease pan with butter and flour before placing inside.
- Use fork to create some few holes under your spring form pan.
- Place your Apple diagonally into the baking springform pan. Cover the whole top with Apple slices.
- Sprinkle or garnish the top with brown sugar and robe with apricot jam mixed with a tablespoon of water. Dort with some butter
- Bake for 30- 45 mins
- You will have a brown rusty edge Tart with golden brown Apple slices lined on top.
- Serve warm
I some times use ready made frozen puff sheets for my Tart especially when I don’t want to make the dough. I just defrost grease my baking pan and place sheet inside and proceed in washing and slicing my Apples.
INGREDIENTS AND METHOD OF APPLE SOURCE
- 1/2 cup butter
- 50 g of white sugar
- Beat together until well mixed
- Beat 1 large egg into it
- Add 1.5 cup of plain flour
- Add 1/2 tsp salt