I am a big fan of fried rice. And l can twist this recipe in so many ways to suit me. I love fried rice because it contains variety of vegetables which are very healthy and beneficial to our organisms. My girls love prawns. Sylvia and sons love prawns. We all sat on the table and savour this delicious goodness with delight. We even took some to the marinas beach Park in Mackay for a beautiful Saturday afternoon picnic in the park. We grasp some fresh crunch baguettes from Woolies and some butter avocados to accompany this delicious heaven. Did l tell you we also had a very nice white wine? Yes we did.
It is quick, easy and very flavourful. Did l tell you it also looks very attractive! See with your own eyes. It’s a simple and delicious cuisine.
Author: Annuchka Queen
Prep Time: 10 mins mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Cuisine : African/ Western / Indo China/ Caribbean
- 4 cups of Basmanti Rice
- 30 Jumbo shrimps/ prawns, well peeled and deveined
- 2 diced white onions
- 15 Broccoli floret
- 15 snap peas
- Fresh green peas 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 2 tomato tins
- 2 fresh tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 cup crayfish
- 3 bouillon stock cubes
- Chicken stock
- Garlic and ginger powder.
- I used ready made prawns already peeled, washed and deveined. I marinate and with bouillon cubes and salt and keep aside.
- With vegetables you can use either use mixed frozen vegetable in a packet or peel dice and wash all your vegetable and set aside
- Thoroughly wash your basmati rice and drain thoroughly.
- In a medium size pot , heat 2 tbsps of vegetable oil and fry your onion until translucent, add tomato paste and fry, marinate with some salt and allow to dry.
- Place rice inside your tomato stew and fry. Marinate with crayfish powder and bouillon stock cubes. Stir – fry until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of chicken stock and white pepper including ginger and garlic powder. Cover and allow to steam under medium heat until rice is done and soft.
- Place all vegetables into the rice and over for the heat to steam your veges. This will take 4- 5 mins. Make sure you don’t over cook your veges.
- In a frying pan, pour 2 tbsps of vegetable oil , heat oil and fry 1/4 of 2 onion until translucent. Add prawns and fry for 3-5 mins . Make sure you don’t over cook your prawns. Set aside your prawns.
- When your rice is ready, place prawns inside including juice from prawns and stir to incorporate veges, prawns and rice.
- Serve with some chilli or hot pepper.
- You can use any vegetable of your choice for this delicious fried rice.
- You can accompany this delicious dish with fresh baguette.
- You can garnish with some hot pepper if you can tolerate its heat .