Croque madam originated from France and it’s made with bechemel source , fresh cream ( bechamel source) , Dijon , cheese , ham and some crunchy bread topped with porche eggs and cheese . The name croque madam means madam crunch in a direct English translation. Guys , as you all must have noticed , l like to customise some of my recipes. So l made this delicious and quick croque madam for dinner and the kids were on the moon and asked for croque madam in the morning . I made a naked crunchy croque monsieur last night because l was tired to spend much time in the kitchen. Looks like my girls love little nice stuffs for dinner . That golden brownish top with cheeze oozing from the corners gave it a wow factor …
INGREDIENTS FOR A TYPICAL CROQUE MONSIEUR
- Grilled ham
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp mustard
- Bechamel source
- 2 tbsp gruyere grated
- 3 slices of crunchy country side bread
- For a quick dinner , slice your traditional bread into three or four pieces depending on the number of pieces you need.
- Robe bread with unsalted butter and keep aside.
- Fry egg porche eggs.
- Spread each bread layer with Dijon, and then bechamel source.
- Cover with cheese . Best cheese is grated cheese with gruyere
- Slice and fry your ham put on top
- Put porche egg at the top and cover with cheese
- Bake in the oven for 7-10 mins
- You will have a golden brown and delicious croque madam
- Serve with some hot chocolate or coffee