Bread has been popular around the world for decades. Nothing taste better than a freshly baked bread.
Bread is important because it consist of dietry fiber . Breads made with whole grain wheat are a good source of fiber just like the one i just baked with sesame seeds, vitamins, and minerals which are very vital for our body maintenance. Fiber can relief irritable bowel syndrome.
The basic ingredients for the preparation of bread are yeast which is the heart of the bread making process, water, sugar, salt ,eggs and fat .
It has never been easy to choose your own bread from the numerous breads we find in the store shelves today, most people are looking for wholemeal / wheat bread products
I have baked quiet a lot of breads but this seem to be the best l have ever baked. Its very easy to make.
Author: Annuchka Queen
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 4 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup oil or melted butter
- 2 eggs.
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 egg yolk
- I teaspoon milk
- Half cup of sesame seeds
- In a small bowl dissolve sugar in half cup of warm milk and sprinkle in yeast over the milk, stir and keep aside for 10 mins.
- In a different mixing bowl add sift flour, salt , eggs , oil and mix properly until smooth. Mix for 2 with your fingers or wooden spoon
- Now pour in your yeast and milk mixture. Mix for 7 -10 . It will be abit sticky. Use iul or butter to grease it and your owl then cover and keep under room temperature for an hour. It will double in size
- After an hour , it will double or triple in size. Punch down dough with your fingers.
- Divide dough into 4 equal parts.
- Now roll into 4 long strands
- Braid the strands tucking strands under tge other ( watch my video)
- Conver or wrap and keep for 15 to 30 mins to rise again fir the last time.
- Now mix 1 egg yolk with a teaspoon of milk. Use a brush to give it an egg wash. This is to give it a dark, shiny crust
- Use thesame kitchen brush to garnish the top of your challah bread with sesame seed
- Preheat your oven 180 C and bake for 25-30 mins.
Watch video of this healthy bread preparation by clicking to the link bellow: