What makes this cake so special is it simplicity. Easiest ever moist banana cake. This cake is light and fluffy. It is a great cake to make when you have bananas at home which are getting too ripe and you don’t want to waste them. A very delicious desert to savour. My kids took them to school in their lunch boxes for lunch.
After testing many banana cakes this recipe holds the secret of all the banana cakes.
Author: Annuchka Queen
Prep time:10 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Ready: 55 mins
- 2 ripe bananas
- 120 g of margarine or butter.
- 1 cups of white sugar ( you can put less sugar if you want.
- 3 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 glass of milk.
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate
- 1.5 cups self raising flour.
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon
- Preheat oven 180 degrees C.
- Combine butter and sugar in a bowl mix until it’s smooth and light in color.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each one. Then keep aside.
- In a food processor, blend banana adding some lemon so that it doesn’t turn black.
- Sieve flour and salt in a bowl and combine egg mixture and banana mixture and vanilla essence and mix thoroughly until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Grease your cake pans and pour mixture into it and bake for 45 mins.
- Take to a cool rack let it cool down for 5 mins.
- Then it’s ready to eat.